Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS Have you learned how to pace yourself?

• Have you learned how to pace yourself?

Posted by debi-wilson on April 13, 2019 at 11:01 am

Over doing anything with MS can leave you overly fatigued and  your symptoms worse. Have you learned how  to pace yourself? How do you keep yourself from overdoing it?

debi-wilson replied 4 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Deleted User

Deleted User
    April 13, 2019 at 4:24 pm

Yes and no.  When I change my king size sheets, it’s a real work out, it’s hard work and takes me ages to do this once simple job. I have noticed in recent months I feel tired more during the day and sometimes I will take a nap. Also in recent weeks my left hip hurts now, soon after fixing my painful knee clunk, that happens.  Oh boy, this must be the Progressive part of my MS.

• debi-wilson

April 14, 2019 at 12:02 pm

Yes, I agree that making the bed is a difficult chore. I can not complete chores all at once. I must complete them in steps  throughout the day.

I’m sorry to hear about your pains, is there anything that can help you?

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    April 14, 2019 at 6:27 pm

Debi, do you not have home help?

I got home help even though I share a house with a man, lol that’s probably why.  I should’t laugh. I am so lucky to have a lady come once a week to clean the house. If my roomate had MS he probably wouldn’t get home help because he shares with a girl.  Ya know that would be correct right. actually I would feel guilty if he got home help if I was capable of doing it.  It’s a girl thing. so I am very greatful for that as he would be terrible at it lol.

• debi-wilson

April 15, 2019 at 3:13 pm

Hi Jilly,

My daughter helps me, she makes the bed for me. I can relate to what you were saying about the bed, it’s a difficult task!

I think anyone that lives in the house should be doing chores Jilly. It’s not just a “girl thing”. But, I understand what you meant, if you were able and didn’t help you would feel guilty.