Total Fitness Club (TFC), a private, employee-owned fitness company based in Swansea, Massachusetts recently announced the top placers of their inaugural and yearly Thanksgiving 5K Run & 3K Walk for the benefit of the Multiple Sclerosis Association of America (MSAA). The event, which pulled together support from a litany of small, local businesses, is a prime example of how the MSAA and other MS advocacy groups continue to effectively engage in effective local campaigns to drive funding and awareness about the disease.
The fundraiser was held Thursday, November 27, 2014 at Swansea Total Fitness, with 100 percent of the proceeds dedicated to helping the MSAA’s mission to fund the search for better multiple sclerosis (MS) treatments, and help make the condition more bearable to live with for thousands of patients and their families.
Over 130 runners and walkers came to the Swansea event to join the fight against MS, in the end raising more than $3,000 for the MSAA. The TFC is proud to have achieved engaging people in fitness for a worthy cause.
The TFC and MSAA drew upon an impressive line-up of small local businesses who served as the event’s generous sponsors that helped make the day a success:
- Infinite Entertainment Group (DJ for the Event), Somerset, MA
- Bike Works, Swansea, MA
- Plante Jewelers, Swansea, MA
- Law Offices of Arthur D. Frank, Jr., Fall River, MA
- Venus de Milo, Swansea, MA
- Olympia, Swansea, MA
- Napa Auto Parts, Swansea, MA
- Columbus Energies, Swansea, MA
- Dunkin Donuts/Wilber Avenue, Swansea, MA
- Tickle’s, Swansea, MA
- Mr. Peepers, Swansea, MA
- Railway Café, Somerset, MA
- Cornerstone Design/Build Services, Inc, Swansea, MA
- School of Rock, Seekonk, MA
- Target, Swansea, MA
- Fiesta Mexican Restaurant, Somerset, MA
- DMD Construction, Norwell, MA
- Quality Fruitland, Fall River, MA
- Coca Cola
- Saks Consignments, Swansea, MA
- Jillian’s Sports Pub and Grill, Somerset, MA
- Affordable Carpet and Air Duct Cleaning, Holliston, MA
- Specht Physical Therapy, Swansea, MA
- KS Builders, Inc., Bristol, RI.
About Multiple Sclerosis Association of America
The Multiple Sclerosis Association of America (MSAA) is a national, nonprofit organization dedicated to enriching the quality of life for everyone affected by multiple sclerosis. MSAA provides vital programs and services, such as a toll-free, bilingual Helpline; informative publications including a magazine called The Motivator; website featuring educational videos and research updates; S.E.A.R.C.H.™ program to assist the MS community with learning about different treatment choices; equipment distribution ranging from grab bars to wheelchairs; cooling accessories for heat-sensitive individuals; a mobile phone app, My MS Manager™; educational events and activities; MRI funding and insurance advocacy; and more. For additional information visit www.msassociation.org.