While most people have heard of multiple sclerosis, they’re often not really sure what the disease is or how it affects those who live with it. There are a lot of ways the MS community can spread the word and raise awareness of the condition.
Here are a few ideas:
- Sharing information about MS and how it affects your life on social media outlets such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Take part in organized events for MS non-profit organizations and charities, such as the National MS Society’s Walk MS.
- Become an advocate for MS. Contact your local political representatives and ask them for support, become a spokesperson for your local newspaper, radio and television station.
- Volunteer to help out at MS events or to help others with the condition.
- Put up awareness posters in your school, college, workplace, doctor’s office, etc.
- Host your own fundraising event for an MS non-profit organization or charity.
- Join a local MS support group or set one up if there isn’t one nearby.
- Wear orange or an orange MS ribbon to help strike up conversation about the disease.
Multiple Sclerosis News Today is strictly a news and information website about the disease. It does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. This content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or another qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?