While most people have heard of multiple sclerosis, they’re often not really sure what the disease is or how it affects those who live with it. There are a lot of ways the MS community can spread the word and raise awareness of the condition.
Here are a few ideas:
- Sharing information about MS and how it affects your life on social media outlets such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Take part in organized events for MS non-profit organizations and charities, such as the National MS Society’s Walk MS.
- Become an advocate for MS. Contact your local political representatives and ask them for support, become a spokesperson for your local newspaper, radio and television station.
- Volunteer to help out at MS events or to help others with the condition.
- Put up awareness posters in your school, college, workplace, doctor’s office, etc.
- Host your own fundraising event for an MS non-profit organization or charity.
- Join a local MS support group or set one up if there isn’t one nearby.
- Wear orange or an orange MS ribbon to help strike up conversation about the disease.
Multiple Sclerosis News Today is strictly a news and information website about the disease. It does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. This content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or another qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.