• A Hot Topic

Posted by john-connor on July 23, 2019 at 7:29 am

A dangerous heatwave has been hitting the US – in the last few days former NFL player Mitch Petrus even died of heatstroke at the age of 32. Last month was the hottest June on earth ever recorded! In the UK it’s forecast that we may this week get the hottest July day we’ve ever had!

Last night my body became completely befuddled by the heat – MS turned up to 11! Only could get into bed with the solicitous help of my wife. Have now recovered. Luckily am off to work in a bit in an air conditioned taxi followed by a night in an air conditioned club.

Although getting air conditioning only fuels global heating it maybe something anyone with MS may just have to install to survive. Anyone done it… is thinking about it?

ng

F

john-connor replied 4 years, 8 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • john-connor

Administrator
    July 26, 2019 at 6:15 pm

Well you lot are obviously dealing with the heat better than me! I turned the above into my column this week Last night was significantly worse…. it was over 100f in he UK. We, like many other European countries,  broke our hottest day in July ever records. My wife only just managed to  get me into bed – we tried every bit of equipment we had then broke out the big gun – the sit to stand lift, It was sill perilously close. So I’ve started investigating mobile air-con units. I don’t have to make any hasty decisions – they’ve all sold out.