• Brain Fog: Narrative

Posted by brian on August 31, 2020 at 11:33 am

I wake up to find I have slept in too late. I have no idea what day of the week it is, nor the date. All the days have blurred into one another. Intense pain radiates throughout my body. Burning, stinging, itching, numbness, tingling; these are the sensations I’ve come to know. Still tired, I struggle to get out of bed. Both feet hit the ground, numb. I push myself off the bed to stand. I collapse back onto the bed. I try again, and this time, I succeed. I step forward into the fog, a displacement of all things that has become my reality. I stumble, and bash my left shoulder into the corner of the hallway wall. The pain is nothing in comparison to the writhing agony that continually wracks my body. I shrug it off, and step forward into the kitchen. I try to process the surroundings in my kitchen, and attempt to collect my thoughts. Coffee.. need coffee. I gather the coffee pot, and take it to the sink to fill. As I am filling the pot, I witness a squirrel outside, chomping away on a Black Walnut. I turn and walk back to the coffee pot, with the image of the squirrel still displayed in my vision, although I am no longer facing the window. After a few seconds, the image of the squirrel fades, and I can now see what really lies before me. I pour the water into the coffee filter. Nope, that’s not right. I laugh aloud, for I fear that if I let this break me so young in the day, I will only set myself up for failure. I try again, I press on, and I continue stumbling forward.

Never admit defeat, never stop stumbling forward while having the ability to do so. Never give up. Many challenges are present. More challenges await. Press on, conquer them, and do not let them conquer you.

john-connor replied 3 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • john-connor

Administrator
    September 1, 2020 at 6:41 am

Good writing sir. Cheers John