Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Treating MS MS Medications confused which therapy to start

• confused which therapy to start

Posted by meni on February 16, 2019 at 10:42 am

Hi,

i suffer from MS for 7 yrs. i have been taking Gilenya for 4 yrs (very good years) but my doctor thwarted me taking this pill by saying i dont react too good for this drug(Limpopenia). now the doctor offered me two possible therapies- Lemtrada or Mavenclad.

what can you say, based on your experience, is a better drug.

my doctor sayd Lemtrada works faster than Maven but i dont believe him, Lemtrada is very dangerous and has a vast of side effects thats why i am concered.

what can you say about these two drugs?

ed-tobias replied 5 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • ed-tobias

February 26, 2019 at 9:44 am

Hi Meni,

I’m sorry that I didn’t see your question earlier.

I’ve heard good things about Mavenclad, but it’s not available here in the US.

However, I’m being treated with Lemtrada and it’s working well for me. I’m now 10 months past Round 2, my disease isn’t progressing and a few of my symptoms have improved a little. The side effects have been minimal, although it was somewhat of an energy roller coaster for the first six or seven months of Round 1.  If you search through my MS Wire columns you’ll find several about my experiences.

I think the “dangers” of Lemtrada are exaggerated. Yes, the medication can result in some medical problems but I believe its potential benefits far exceed its possible risks.

Ed