Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums 31 Days of MS Day 16 of #31DaysofMS: I Do My Best to Be Strong

• Day 16 of #31DaysofMS: I Do My Best to Be Strong

Posted by kevin-schaefer on March 17, 2022 at 1:55 pm

This is Pamela Neckameyer’s story.

Pamela writes about trying to stay positive and not bring others down because of her situation. However, she also recognizes the reality of living with MS and the things she’s lost since her diagnosis.

Here’s an excerpt: “Intellectually, I know there are many more serious illnesses than MS and I feel grateful that it is not life-threatening, but it can be frustrating. I used to run a business, entertain, travel on my own, and do so many everyday activities that I took for granted.”

Can you relate to Pamela’s story?

Multiple Sclerosis News Today’s 31 Days of MS campaign will publish one story per day for Multiple Sclerosis Awareness Month in March. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for more stories like this, using the hashtag #31DaysofMS, or read the full series.

ed-tobias replied 2 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • john-connor

Administrator
    March 18, 2022 at 2:10 pm

I know exactly how Pamela feels. My MS started off slow then did that runaway train bit of the Hollywood movies. Only mine was terribly cast, the hero was inept and the train came off it’s tracks and crashed down a mountainside then fell into a deep glacial lake! Without my family unit I don’t know how I could cope.

• ed-tobias

March 19, 2022 at 1:23 pm

Pamela says she’s explaining, not complaining as tells us about her MS. But explaining our illness is one of the hard things about living with it. How do you – CAN you – explain your MS to others?