Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums 31 Days of MS Day 30 of #31DaysofMS: I Keep My Body Moving and Life Is Good

• Day 30 of #31DaysofMS: I Keep My Body Moving and Life Is Good

Posted by kevin-schaefer on March 31, 2022 at 1:45 pm

This is Lance Schultz’s (@drlschultz) story.

Lance’s journey with MS has been a whirlwind. From managing issues with spasticity and muscle weakness to navigating relationships, he’s been through a lot. For him, keeping his body moving has been key to his well-being.

Here’s an excerpt, “I’d given up all my dangerous hobbies, and my upper body was good. I went back to swimming since I was an avid swimmer in my youth. In Florida, my home and most everywhere I go is wheelchair-accessible (to a point). My community has five pools, with one indoors. There is no excuse not to get the body moving every day. I built my swimming distance and speed back up over time, without the use of my legs.”

Can you relate to Lance’s story?

Multiple Sclerosis News Today’s 31 Days of MS campaign will publish one story per day for Multiple Sclerosis Awareness Month in March. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for more stories like this, using the hashtag #31DaysofMS, or read the full series.

kevin-schaefer replied 1 year, 12 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.