Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums 31 Days of MS Day 8 of #31DaysOfMS: I Often Feel ‘Imposter Syndrome’ When I Roller-skate

• Day 8 of #31DaysOfMS: I Often Feel ‘Imposter Syndrome’ When I Roller-skate

Posted by jessie-madrigal-fletcher on March 9, 2022 at 5:49 pm

Kaci Bell has many thoughts on “imposter syndrome.” Kaci’s MRI impressions show that her MS is very aggressive for a relapsing-remitting type, and, in theory, she should be more physically disabled. Yet, she spends a great amount of her free time roller-skating. She’s defying the odds, daily.

At first, the fact that she could still skate made her very happy, but soon, seeing social media posts, and meeting strangers, she began to develop “imposter syndrome.” Was she doing MS wrong, daring to roller-skate?

The truth is that MS presents itself differently on each person. Kaci soon realized that “disability was never meant to be a competition, but a community for comfort.”

Kaci, you are the coolest – and now all I want is to find a pair of roller-skates and join you!

Back to our MS Community: do you ever experience “imposter syndrome” when it comes to MS?

Read the rest of Kaci’s story here.

Our #31DaysOfMS initiative is running for the entire month of March. Daily, we will be featuring a different side to life with MS. To read all of the stories, visit our website.

jessie-madrigal-fletcher replied 2 years, 1 month ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.