Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS Do you care if health insurers are buying info about your social media activity?

• Michael Morale

August 2, 2018 at 10:04 am

Fascinating topic Ed. I’ve always wondered whether or not some of these drug companies and insurance companies are watching social media activity. The problem on the patient side of this is that these companies see an economic supply and demand marketing tool that they can use to their advantage.

• Jacqueline

August 23, 2018 at 8:14 am

Michael…

…please let me extend a warm welcome to you…

…I notice on some sites I deal with there is a tick box if you ” dont ” want your details being passed – sold onto their sister companies, such as mail catalogues-ordering or our personal details and information…As to whether these companies actually do adhere to these ticks, I am not sure…but legally they should…I will always place my tick or untick depending on how they approach that question…I am guessing, where a company is seeing a vacant slot or opening, they will try their best to get in on that good old band wagon…at the end of the day all they care about is raking in your hard earned money…

Jackie..

• Jacqueline

August 23, 2018 at 8:33 am

Meant to have added…being in UK, our data and personal information laws maybe different….