Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS Has your living arrangement changed since your MS diagnosis? What has changed?

• Has your living arrangement changed since your MS diagnosis? What has changed?

Posted by Debi Wilson on September 23, 2018 at 5:29 pm

MS has a way of creating changes in our life, and soon making adaptions becomes a way of life.

Have you had to make a change in your living arrangement due to MS?  What is different?

Debi Wilson replied 5 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Jacqueline

September 24, 2018 at 1:27 pm

I – we moved from a three bedroomed house with loo downstairs and loo – bath upstairs to two bedroomed parkhome on one floor level…with one loo and bath the other loo with shower specially for my convenience…I – we also had metal hand rail bars installed both front and back gardens, due to high concrete steps leading to our front, high sloping grassed garden to our back…not very practical was my choice, although new home is more roomier inside as for my manoeuvrability…

• Debi Wilson

September 24, 2018 at 4:05 pm

It sounds like your new place has better advantages for you, except for what you mentioned. I’m glad you have more space, that is something I wish I had more of in certain areas.

• Cyndi B

September 24, 2018 at 4:47 pm

Yep and still some what of a moving target.  Sloped lot resulted tin 2-steps up or down throughout the house and to/from back yard.  Don’t want to move.  Have installed decorative hand rails that work well.  Have plans to install interior ramps but am resisting that next step as long as can.  Have however given in to safety needs and are presently in process of remodeling bath room to eliminate step/ledge to enter shower.  Everyday is a bit of a work in process to make things work.

• Debi Wilson

September 24, 2018 at 5:24 pm

Yes, I agree Cyndi! Seems like it’s always something!:)