Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS Do you use mass transit? How is that working for you?

• Do you use mass transit? How is that working for you?

Posted by debi-wilson on March 11, 2019 at 12:54 pm

Handicapped accessible mass transit can help  those of us with disabilities to remain more independent. Have you ever tried mass transit? If you have, how would you rate your experience?

jacqueline replied 5 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Deleted User

Deleted User
    March 12, 2019 at 4:50 pm

Mass Transit sounds like your escaping a country, I suppose you are in some way, escaping your own 4 walls.

• jacqueline

March 13, 2019 at 2:51 am

Quoting Ed: ” One of the largest cities in the world has one of the least accessible subway systems. In New York City very few stations have elevators from the street to the platform. Even in those that have them you may find a wide gap between the platform and the car. I love NYC. I grew up there. But I’d never try to travel anywhere in the subway system anymore. Here’s something on my personal blog that describes the mass transit situation in NYC ”

I am quite shocked and surprised Ed, not exactly disable friendly is it?

I think UK underground is a tad better but I wouldn’t risk being squashed packed like sardines like I once did in my younger working days when I was fitter, slimmer, more energetic when travelling on our London tube trains during my working years.