Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Treating MS MS Medications Has anyone tried Ibudilast?

• Deb

May 14, 2018 at 6:56 pm

No, I don’t think I have heard of it,  can you enlighten me please!

• Debi Wilson

May 14, 2018 at 7:32 pm

Hi Deb,

Ibudilast is a potential MS drug that is in phase 3 trial. Possibly, a treatment for all types of MS. I wondered if anyone here was in the  clinical trial.

Attached is a NMSS article on it.

https://www.nationalmssociety.org/About-the-Society/News/Results-Announced-from-Phase-2-Clinical-Trial-of-I

• Steve Adams

October 19, 2018 at 12:50 pm

Hi Debi,

I was recently diagnosed with PPMS, and am trying to get info on ibudilast as well, before I book a flight to Japan to score some 😉 . The Phase 2 study re: reduction in brain volume loss was great news, but why was there no data on, for example, EDSS progression? And I haven’t found anyone online who participated in the trial either.

Steve

PS: You posts on this site have been super helpful. Please keep them up! I’m 46, and am going back and forth regarding Ocrevus.

• Debi Wilson

October 19, 2018 at 1:24 pm

Thanks for your kind comments, Steve!

I too,  have searched for updated information on the Ibudilast clinical trial and also to  find someone who has tried it.  But, I haven’t had any luck yet, but I will keep researching and definitely post here when I find new information. Please keep us up-to-date in the forums with what you find out also !

Debi

• Steve Adams

October 19, 2018 at 8:35 pm

Thanks Debi, will do.