Tagged: , ,

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      John Connor
      Keymaster

Some days/most days can spend as long scrolling for a new show as actually watching one.

Sure can  get some masochistic joy out of this practice but still feel somewhat dirty about it!

Now in my seventh month of incarceration I long ago gave in and subscribe to the majority of screening services.

Netflix is still the best to go panhandling in – as it has the largest library. Great in this run up to Christmas as it’s full of turkeys!

So in what I’m hoping to be an intermittent series here’s the first movie that is by no means great but has its good points.

‘Big Stan’ [Netflix] And the good point is most definitely David Carradine sticking his tongue so firmly in his check that it’s wiggling out the side of his face in his willingness to satirize what an older and less wiser of his original ‘Kung Fu ‘character might have become. The story is an obvious, but bearable. comedy romp about a nerdy con man learning kung fu to defend himself before a prison sentence. Worth watching for Mr. Carradine’s drollery.

To save me scrolling time – what nuggets have you discovered?

Ed Tobias
      Keymaster

We’re almost finished with the fourth season of The Crown on Netflix. No doubt you watched it all in one day. If you haven’t seen Queens Gambit (no relation to Elizabeth) I recommend it…and then drag out your old chess set.

Ed

John Connor
      Keymaster

Yup, Queens Gambit is also being recommended by all my FB mates. Seems like the right move! Ahem. Watched The Crown for a bit but got fed up with it! Don’t like soaps & this one I ultimately pay for . Not the  Netflix one!

John Connor
      Keymaster

So right ‘Queens Gambit ‘ on Netflix is absolutely a must see.

Didn’t realize based on a Walter Tevis novel. Who’d also knocked out ‘The Man Who Fell to Earth’. Equally had no idea he’d also written ‘The Color of Money’ & ‘The Hustler’. Some legacy. Phew!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2021 All rights reserved.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account