Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Trials and Research How Do Age, Sex and Disability Affect Your Risk Tolerance for MS Therapies?

• How Do Age, Sex and Disability Affect Your Risk Tolerance for MS Therapies?

Posted by MS News Today Moderator on April 4, 2019 at 9:55 am

Sex, age, disability level, and current disease-modifying therapy use are linked to how multiple sclerosis (MS) patients weigh the potential benefits and safety risks of treatments, new research from two teams funded by the National Multiple Sclerosis Society shows.

These studies shed light on how MS patients’ tolerance for risk influences their treatment decisions, which can help improve treatment satisfaction and adherence. Click here to learn more.

What are your thoughts on this research?

Jacqueline replied 5 years ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Jacqueline

April 5, 2019 at 2:24 am

Well I can see why there is no urgency for creating the first disease modifying drug specifically for Primary Progressive MS, after all why should anyone worry over us elderly, as it is after the age of 50 supposedly when we get it. I was 64, when I was diagnosed 4 years ago with the PPMS, and just basically left to get on with it, and by myself. Oh well, as I have posted before, we are the forgotten few when it comes to age and treatments.

Jackie.