Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS How do feel about being called an MS warrior?

• How do feel about being called an MS warrior?

Posted by debi-wilson on June 11, 2018 at 3:46 pm

Those of us with MS are often referred to as Warriors.

What are your feelings about being known as a hero or a warrior due to having MS?

debi-wilson replied 5 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • jacqueline

June 13, 2018 at 3:17 am

A hero is something where one just jumps in, without even thinking about it…where we do not expect any recognition for our actions…I certainly did not jump in at the chance of getting MS…so I am no hero…as for warriors, maybe that is referring to being a survivor, well as an MS survivor, we have no choice, It is survival of the fittest in my world…I would sure take offence if someone referred to me and my MS as being a hero, as for being a warrior, how would they know if I have courage and I am strong? they only see what they see…they dont see when I am alone and crying…

• debi-wilson

June 13, 2018 at 11:12 am

Good points Jackie!

Warriors are strong and fight with all they have in any battle they are in.

With each challenge they are presented, they become stronger and  more equipped to handle their next battle.

So I like the title MS warrior, MS shows us we are stronger than we think we are.

• jacqueline

June 13, 2018 at 12:41 pm

My feelings are, that if one has had a tough life, a tough upbringing, one can tackle anything that life throws at us…within reason of course…It also helps if one has God on our side…only He is the one who knows whether we are strong or determined enough to take on the challenge of being that ” warrior..”

• debi-wilson

June 13, 2018 at 2:23 pm

I couldn’t agree more Jackie!