Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS How do you wake up feeling after a good nights sleep?

• How do you wake up feeling after a good nights sleep?

Posted by debi-wilson on March 15, 2019 at 10:55 am

If you can get a good nights sleep with MS, how do you feel when you wake up?  Do you feel rejuvenated or still feel tired?

debi-wilson replied 5 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • jacqueline

March 15, 2019 at 11:40 am

I used to regularly go to bed around the 10.30 pm mark but now I tend to stay up till 11.pm – midnight or even 1.am, and will read in bed until I am dropping off before I switch the bedside table light off. I am also finding I dont sleep straight through after getting out of bed for a bladder emptying a couple of times. I am usually up on my third which could be 5 or 6 am. so not sleeping as well as I was. But I have always been an early morning person just not a late going to bed person. Saying this though, I do drop off several times throughout the day, usually after eating, it is almost like being hypnotised, uncontrollable. I am still aware of the voices on the tv, yet open my eyes often then like the click of a finger they are closed again, this can go on for an hour or two. Try as I might, I just cant get out of my hypnotised state.

• debi-wilson

March 15, 2019 at 1:47 pm

Trouble with sleeping is miserable!  If I stop drinking water at 7 PM, that seems to help. Also, Not eating foods with water, such as, lettuce or fruits late afternoon or evening’s. I have a cannabis edible later in the day when I have the most pain and it also helps me to sleep.

• jacqueline

March 17, 2019 at 2:46 am

Debi, I know there are several vegetables and fruits that contain there own water, ( water rich foods ) fruits and lettuces so it may be that you are overdosing on too much water without realising it. I guess this is something we dont think about when upping our water intake on a daily basis.

WATER CONTENT

Watermelon 92%           Strawberries 91%          Cantaloupe  90%         Peaches 89%

Oranges 88%       Skimmed Milk 91%       Cucumber 95%         Lettuce 96%

Celery 95%        Tomatoes 94%         Bell Peppers 92%           Cabbage 92%

• debi-wilson

March 17, 2019 at 11:12 am

Yes, so true Jackie! ?