Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums How often do you visit your neurologist?

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    January 14, 2019 at 2:53 pm

Funny you should ask that question as I was thinking. I have only seen my Neurologist twice in the first year I got PPMS, back in 2012.  I guess it’s because there is nothing they can do for me.  I have even forgotten his name.

Yesterday my knee clunk moved to the left as I was backing up to sit down, and OH MY God it hurt.  Felt like an ankle roll. But for 10 minutes I felt no pain and thought it was a miracle that I had put my knee back into place.  Anyhow it hurts like hell but in a different place, on the left.  My sister says don’t worry for a week.  Perhaps all the muscles around that part of my knee got a shock. And all those things in our bodies that help us said.  “What just happened, we all need to get there” lol.

Jilly Pp. ms

• debi-wilson

January 14, 2019 at 5:02 pm

Ouch! Sorry to hear that happened to you Jilly! I know if my knee has a hypertension it is very painful!

About Neurologist visits I think it is good to go twice a year.  There maybe new information they can share, or they can answer questions. They may also notice something during the exam that I  haven’t noticed. It doesn’t hurt to have the most uptodate information we can about our  symptoms and MS.

Last visit my neurologist sounded very excited and positive about remyelination therapies that are on the horizon. So it was a positive and hopeful visit! ?

• jacqueline

January 15, 2019 at 2:19 am

Since moving to where I live now, I only got called up the once to see my new MS Neurologist and he doesn’t want to see me again, his reason of why? was because in his words I have Primary Progressive MS, well I have news for him, I also had Primary Progressive MS back at my old address and she was planning on seeing me again the following year, but I had moved by then, more fool me, I should have stayed putt and been better looked after…

Debi, in UK you would be lucky to see your MS Neurologist once a year…

Jackie..

• debi-wilson

January 15, 2019 at 1:27 pm

That is interesting  that it is different there.  What is the reasoning that Jackie?

• jacqueline

January 15, 2019 at 1:45 pm

Debi…

…I am assuming because there are no disease modifying drugs for Primary Progressive MS is the reason he has no interest in seeing me again, not even on the usual annual basis as most MS Consultants do….Again assuming that if I had one of the other three MS forms, he would be happily seeing me and dishing out drugs…

Jackie..

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    January 15, 2019 at 3:08 pm

Jacqueline, that’s how I see it too.  Charming ah, what are we chopped liver. sure feels like it lol.

My knee still hurts but I see some bruising, may be a good sign, time will tell.

Jilly Pp. ms

• debi-wilson

January 15, 2019 at 4:36 pm

I’m sorry Jackie, that is not right at all.  I hope things change soon !

Feel better soon Jilly!

• irina

January 15, 2019 at 4:39 pm

I used to see my neurologist every six months. Then, for whatever reason,  I didn’t go for a year and a half.  My MS had significantly worsened.  Now I am seeing him every three months.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    January 27, 2019 at 2:29 pm

I have good news.  I just realised this morning I haven’t said “oh no not this again” when I wake up.  My knee cap doesn’t clunk anymore, well I have a wee knee click in a different place which only happens on take off. WOW. I may have corrected my knee cap myself two Sundays ago.  Life is so much better without constant pain.

• debi-wilson

January 27, 2019 at 2:32 pm

That’s great news, Jilly!!  ?