Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS If you knew MS was in your future, would you have been able to plan for it ?

• If you knew MS was in your future, would you have been able to plan for it ?

Posted by debi-wilson on February 12, 2019 at 11:19 am

It is said that “Hindsight is 20/20.” If you knew then what you know now, could you have planned for MS?

amy-sadri replied 5 years, 2 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Deleted User

Deleted User
    February 12, 2019 at 4:59 pm

Don’t think so, it’s very difficult to predict the future, and this question would never have been asked as it’s impossible.  All future planning changes often with all the variables. If I knew then what I know now, I would have done a whole lot of things different lol…One thing I would have told my younger self would have been “Aim Higher and Don’t Settle  and Don’t sell your house for an overseas love connection that didn’t work out”.  Yes, I have messed up more than once, only to find myself poor and without my own home with PPMS.  Life looks better from space.

• jacqueline

February 12, 2019 at 5:09 pm

Tricky question as in the past I didn’t really know what MS was all about, now of course I know. It was just a word, or abbreviated word, that I knew everyone feared the illness, I never delved in any further as to why.

If we knew it was coming could we have done things – planned things any other way? I dont think so. I doubt I would have done things any different because even if I knew MS was coming I wouldn’t have thought it was that bad, of course now I know it is, and that it is worse than bad, in-fact MS is our worst nightmare come true…

• jacqueline

February 13, 2019 at 9:44 am

In hindsight the only thing I can think of that I would have done different, or more of, when I had the ability to have done so is, I would have walked my then three dogs a whole lot more than I did walk them, back in my able bodied striding out days.

• amy-sadri

February 13, 2019 at 10:27 am

Yes.