Tagged: 

• I'm stopping Provigil

Posted by ed-tobias on April 28, 2018 at 10:08 am

I’ve been using Provigil (modafinil) for years…100mg each morning to counter my MS fatigue.

I stopped taking it at the start of this month as I began Round 2 of my Lemtrada treatment. That treatment includes a steroid infusion prior to the start of each Lemtrada infusion. Then I tapered down, using oral steroids, for a week. So, I didn’t feel I needed an extra boost from the Provigil. The steroids did enough.

Following the end of the taper I decided not to resume the Provigil and, you know what? I don’t miss it. My fatigue is no worse than it was when I was taking that drug. I still want a nap in late afternoon or evening, with or without Provigil, and my daytime energy is good.

Maybe it’s a positive effect from the Lemtrada. Maybe it’s something else. Anywaty, I’m off (of a drug that had been my highest co-pay) until further notice.

Anyone else had an experience with Provigil?

Ed

Jacqueline replied 5 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • ed-tobias

May 20, 2018 at 5:26 pm

Here’s an update.

So far, so good without my Provigil. I’ve been off of the drug for nearly two months and I don’t miss it.

Ed

• Jacqueline

May 21, 2018 at 5:28 am

Ed, well-done…I dont think our bodies need anything extra pumped into them… our bodies are already messed up as it is…As the expression goes…” less is more..”