This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Debi Wilson 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
     Debi Wilson 

Exercise is so important to MS, it keeps our muscles limber and our bodies strong. It helps our  minds to stay.active and our joints to continue moving!

With the nice weather what outdoor exercise do you find fun and beneficial?

Christoph 
    Participant

I am swimming a lot here in Bali. Just in the pool though, but my posture improved a lot and my upperbody is wider and more muscular than ever before.

Debi Wilson 

Thanks for mentioning swimming, that and water aerobics are highly recommended for MS patients. Sometimes it’s easy to forget about those exercises. Sounds like it is helping you, that’s great!

Ron 
    Participant

I bike frequently.  My wife and I like to ride to various bed and breakfasts along a rails to trail biking trail.

Debi Wilson 

That sounds like great exercise, fun and something you and your wife can share!

Have  you always been active Ron? If so, Do you feel that your MS has benefited because of it?

Ron 
    Participant

I’ve always been fairly active.

I’ve had ms for about 14 years and my symptoms have been fairly minor.  I have a relapse every 3-4 years and almost completely recover.

I was diagnosed with terminal cancer in 2015.  I had a major operation that removed part of my lung diaphragm and the lining of my heart.  The operation was followed by chemo. I’m been in remission since then.

I try to ride 2-3 times a week when the weather is better.  Heat doesn’t bother me that much.  I’m planning a 3-day 160 mile ride this year if my health holds up.  I work full time.

Recently I’ve been battling a relapse since early December.  I thought I was over it until my legs started feeling weaker again.  I’m also battling so brain fog at the moment.

My key to feeling better is to get a lot of sunlight and exercise.  I take vitamin D in the Fall and Winter.  My relapses always occur during the Winter.  I’m not on any DMDs anymore because of my cancer diagnosis.

Debi Wilson 

Sounds like you have been through a lot, Ron. You are a fighter and true warrior! Thank-you for sharing your story and what is working for you!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2017-2019 All rights reserved.

©2019 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account