Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums COVID-19 and MS Should I Have Taken a Serious Approach to COVID-19?

• Should I Have Taken a Serious Approach to COVID-19?

Posted by John Connor on March 9, 2020 at 10:11 am

I’ve been a weekly Patient Columnist here for three years! My anniversary was last week – I only noticed because I was asked to some rudimentary HR checking on my bio with our parent company BioNews.

I’m well aware how serious COVID-19 is. I’ve had to self-isolate. My son turned up for some R&R this weekend. He’s just let me know that he’s  developed a sore throat! He’s working for a TV production at the mo and is obviously in a nexus point. It’s also true of my work from which I had to withdraw from physically last week.

My fellow moderator Ed Tobias set up this whole new section of the Forum last week [I was ill from thankfully mundane bacteria].

My column published last Friday ‘You Know Things Are Bad When the Banks Tell You to Wear a Mask’  took a comedic tilt at the whole thing. My topical show did exactly the same thing.

One of the cliches of comedy is that you can be funny about anything if you follow the mantra of ‘Tragedy + time’.

Though you’d be amazed how squeamish UK audiences are to the death of Diana even 20+ years later.

Facing Armageddon I’d rather have a wisecrack. There isn’t time to wait for time to pass…

What do you think?

John Connor replied 4 years, 1 month ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.