Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Quynh-Loan Luong
      Participant

Hello everyone,

I have spasticity on half of my body (top of my head down to toes) that is severe enough to adversely affect my walking, make my neck, shoulder, arm. hand, torso, and leg feel like they are tightly bound.  The usual suspects of drugs and CBD do not work for me.  Do you know of anything that would work?  Thank you for your advice.

I am on Mayzent and 60.

Loan

John Connor
      Keymaster

Hi Quynh-Loan
      As, Ed, my fellow Moderator wrote you should really put this in the ‘Living with MS’ Forum.
      But in the meantime I suffer hellish spacisty/neuropathic pain in my right arm. For this I now take Gabapentin & Baclofen. If it turns into a spasm I also have Diazepam – which kills the pain but also feels like getting stoned [though it often just puts me to sleep].
      Writing of which I also occasionally use liquid marijuana, which def gets me stoned, but helps with pain and also relieves the spacisty. Though it means I really don’t want to do anything – except eat snacks!
      Cheers John

Quynh-Loan Luong
      Participant

Thank you Ed and John for pointing out my error.  I tried Baclofen twice and under the care of two different neurologists and some other spasticity med but they didn’t work, but made me feel like a slug – unable to move my legs/a bound slug.  I am lucky, so far, that I have no pain with my spasticity.  CBD used to relax a teeny then stopped.  Living in the legal marijuana capital of California I should try some, I even have an rx for it back when it was legal for medical (I have been hesitated to send my nieces out to get “drug” for me.  I no longer drive).  Thank you John.  Perhaps we PwMS should start a M4MS club 🙂

Loan

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account