Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      John Connor
      Keymaster

A year and a half ago I set up this ‘Fun’ forum ‘cos although MS is itself self absorbing – for those of us who can’t escape the limitations of our bodies we can escape with our minds. Apologies to those where MS has even taken that away.

Reading can be difficult – MS has recently screwed with my vision. I’ve gone back to using 5 year old glasses!

So far we’ve only had an entry about a member whittling. Something I found beyond me when able bodied! But exactly the sort of thing I wanted to celebrate.

When I first had MS I met an artist who’d lost the use of her painting hand/arm entirely. She taught herself to paint with her other hand. Us humans can be quite indomitable.

Covid has forced many of us into continuous shelter. I’m not that sorry that this has conveniently coincided withe the explosion of streaming services! In conspiracy theory terms – ooh, what timing!

Apple+ & Disney+ even share the same math sign! To to add to Netflix & Amazon Prime. There’s a plethora of others, even here in the UK! It’s a global market for a global village.

I confess to having all the main ones – I used to work in TV now I bathe in its rays.

C’mon if u watch something tell me.

Listen to? Currently The Velvet Underground r letting rip thru my earphones!.

Read?

Knit?

I don’t care…..

• This topic was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by John Connor.
      • This topic was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Marta Ribeiro.
      Jessica James
      Participant

Hi John,
      I’ll add to discussion.
      When my eyes get wonky from  too much outside heat  and bright light and it messes with my ability to read, I’ll listen to audible books.
      When I can see normally, I’ll knit, crochet, work on computer and read. I also spin wool and create gorgeous yarn to give away to knitting friends or charity. Lots to do but so little energy to accomplish projects. Audio books let me multi task knitting or spinning.

Ed Tobias
      Keymaster

My hobby is ham radio…I’ve been on the ham radio bands since 1961, when I was 12 years old. I use Morse code when I talk to other hams. It’s great for hand dexterity and de-coding the Morse in my head, as it’s set, keeps my brain sharp.

John Connor
      Keymaster

Ta for your input Jessica. I confess my secret treat is to catch up on podcasts whilst playing endless games of Solitaire on my laptop.

Hi Ed. There was I thinking I was the only old ‘ham’ on here. My sort though rather predates radio! x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account