Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS What qualities do you look for in your neurologist ?

• What qualities do you look for in your neurologist ?

Posted by debi-wilson on June 19, 2018 at 12:33 pm

I have been to 6 different neurologists,  one change was due to moving to a new city.  But, the main reason I changed Doctors  was I didn’t feel they were helping me.

Finding a  neurologist  that understands multiple sclerosis is the key!

Do you feel understood by your  neurologist ? What qualities do look for in your Doctor?

jacqueline replied 5 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • jacqueline

June 19, 2018 at 1:31 pm

One that would want to see me again…Here in UK you would be lucky if your got to see one once a year…As for me, when I moved home, I had one visit booked to go see my new MS Neurologist Consultant, who was relevantly new to the hospital himself… and because it is Primary Progressive MS that I have, he doesn’t want to see me again, I have the written proof…Very strange as I had PPMS where I had previously lived, I still have the same now so why would she still have seen me the following year, yet he wouldn’t? just a shame and unfortunate for me that I had had moved here and could not continue to see her…she was 150 miles away and I would not have been able to continue at this hospital once you move away from the area….a bad move on my part….I am now left to deal with my MS on my own…and I will with Gods help…

• debi-wilson

June 19, 2018 at 6:00 pm

I’m sorry Jackie, that is terrible!  Such discrimination,   there must be something you can do ?

• jacqueline

June 20, 2018 at 2:30 am

I am being my own advocate…I am taking control…I will be in control of my own body…I have to be if no one takes me seriously when I mention things…I know my body and its changes and when these changes had first occurred…And thankfully no life of pill-popping….there are no pills on the market that will take my MS away….