Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS What does Christmas mean to you?

• What does Christmas mean to you?

Posted by Debi Wilson on December 6, 2018 at 12:04 pm

Christmas can mean many things to many people, a celebration of Jesus birth, spending time with family and friends, and festivities and food. But, it can also be a time of sadnesss and  loneliness. What does Christmas mean to you? How will you be spending the holiday?

Debi Wilson replied 5 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Jacqueline

December 6, 2018 at 4:28 pm

Christmas week, now is my reminder of the day I had to say goodbye to one of my dogs 20th Dec, similar to an Easter Saturday when I said goodbye to another…

• Debi Wilson

December 6, 2018 at 4:55 pm

I’m sorry, Jackie! ❤️

• Jeanine Thiede

December 17, 2018 at 5:40 pm

Stress.

I always loved to host dinners. Thanksgiving and Christmas. The last three or so years I noticed I was down for about a week or so afterwards. Last year I had to tell my kids, mom can’t do this anymore. It’s your turn. Thus far, no one has called me to ask me over to their home for Christmas celebration. In a way, I am relieved. I spend most my days with my Jesus anyway. So, this year it looks like it will be a normal day with Jesus and I.

• Debi Wilson

December 17, 2018 at 5:50 pm

It really does use a lot of energy to host a dinner! It sounds like you definitely made the correct choice  passing that on. Hopefully, your kids will decide to continue that Christmas tradition one day!