Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS When you were young, what job did you want when you grew up?

• When you were young, what job did you want when you grew up?

Posted by debi-wilson on March 13, 2019 at 5:45 pm

When I was young I wanted to be a computer programer (computers took up a whole wall at that time)! lol  I also wanted to be a photographer, Psychiatrist or a dancer!  I ended up instead being an Admissions and Marketing Director.

What about you? What did you want to do?  What did you end up doing?

debi-wilson replied 5 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Deleted User

Deleted User
    March 13, 2019 at 11:07 pm

smiling, I wanted to be an astronaut.  Ended up being a quality conroller in a few label factories. Unfortunately when I was young I had no idea how important is was to be educated, hence ending up in a factory, but I did manage to get an office and a computer, I was proud of that achievement at the time.  Now I feel like a loser, no job, don’t even own a house now.  I owned two houses at one time, messed that up by selling them thinking I was going to marry a man in Florida.  Years later my saved money went to save my friends house after the earthquakes but we couldn’t save it, too many months went by.  In hindsight I would have had enough money for a good deposit for a house of my own. In 2012 I was evicted from my rental of which I lived there for 14 years, I thought I was safe.  It was a huge shock on top of many other shocks.  That one act shocked me to the core, it still makes me sad and my sense of security was taken from me, still to this day. Sometimes when I wake up I don’t know where I am for a few seconds.  People are mean, selfish and greedy.

• debi-wilson

March 14, 2019 at 10:27 am

I’m sorry you had to go through all of that Jilly! You are not a loser, you just fell on hard times. You are very talented, and your art is amazing!