Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS Where do you experience pain? What makes it feel better?

• Where do you experience pain? What makes it feel better?

Posted by debi-wilson on February 26, 2019 at 9:39 am

Where do you experience pain?  What does it feel like? What makes it feel better?

debi-wilson replied 5 years ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • joan-bondira

February 26, 2019 at 1:04 pm

Hi Debi, I have the type of pain most commonly associated with diabetes (I am not diabetic)–the old burning and stabbing in my feet. I’m on several meds for it, and those make it sort of tolerable. But it’s still by far my most debilitating MS symptom. Sometimes a soak in cool water soothes it a bit, but that’s not a practical solution for when you’re at work or trying to sleep, is it?

It’s a problem that needs some better answers, that’s for sure, especially now that the opioid  epidemic has made getting adequate pain medication pretty awful.

• debi-wilson

February 26, 2019 at 1:31 pm

Hi Joan! I can relate to the burning on my feet and now lower legs, it is terrible! I use a  marijuana edible, it helps. Also, cool lotion does too.

• joan-bondira

March 1, 2019 at 1:19 pm

Sorry that you have the same, Debi. And yeah, we are left to find a lot of our own solutions, aren’t we? Anything touching my feet causes pain, so as I write this, I’m sitting barefoot, with my legs propped up on a footstool with soft foam cushioning on top and a mini-fan gently blowing on them.

BTW, all of this is going on under my desk at work in an IT office. (It’s on the down-low, so don’t tell anyone–I’m just a contractor here, and they might kick me out for being a freak!)

Next week, I’ll tell you how bed time works, unless that’s TMI.

• debi-wilson

March 1, 2019 at 4:29 pm

You have to do what you have to do, Joan!

It was funny  envisioning  you at work with all that going on under your desk. I know the pain is not funny though so I’m sorry I have to go through that .

Yes, please share your bedtime routine and what helps your feet!