11 Symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis to Be Aware Of

Since every multiple sclerosis (MS) patient is believed to be affected differently, the common symptoms of MS can vary widely in their severity and nature.

The most common symptoms of multiple sclerosis include:

1. Fatigue

shutterstock_333560609 (1)

Fatigue, an intense feeling of tiredness often accompanied by a loss of the urge and ability to work or do daily tasks. This is a major reason for the long-term employment difficulties reported by people with MS. Fatigue is a common multiple sclerosis symptom, found in 80 percent of all cases.

According to a study fatigue, the most commonly reported symptom in patients with multiple sclerosis (MS), is associated with disease comorbidities such as depression, irritable bowel syndrome, migraine, and anxiety.

Related --

1. I am having such time a hard time finding a place with section 8 that is just one level because the stairs are incredibly hard for me and no one wants to take section 8 that is one level what can I do one of my supposed to do how can I live like this

• If it is possible get a stair lift. I have seen many on Craigslist. The cost to have them installed is very reasonable. Many can be installed by a friend and then have them checked by an installer. I have found people that only install them and not sell them. Best of luck in whatever you do.

2. I need the most help find a house that is one level home because I am wheelchair-bound and have a lot of trouble living on the second floor if anyone could help me please help

• Kristin Neyhart says:

What about the home you’re in now? I’ve got sec8 on my house that I’ve been in for 20yrs♡ I’m also 80-140 miles away from any big city 80 south 140 north but I don’t mind peace and quiet♡.

3. Samantha Battell says:

I am looking trials with micro chips I have tried betaceron
    Copaxone
    Aubagio I have not had luck with any. I have been doing well however the last 5 yrs my legs have been tired and mind of their own. I know there is a break thru out there but many are to scared to open to public I receive medical thru VA that should say it all . They are protocol not new .I am 49 today and look forward to a vibrant life . My legs unfortunately are not feeling the same. Please let me know of any new trials or procedures that could be a new beginning

• Faith Lare says:

I take Ampyra for help with walking. So far it’s been working well for me. I also take Requip for restless leg syndrome which also works well.

• Michelle says:

I have been on Gilenya for about 8 years now and have had no new exacerbation’s and it is so much better then having to do the injections. I have had MS now for 30 years and it has been the best med for me since my diagnosis. No side effects for me as well!

4. Jacquelin says:

I’m A MS Sufferer. And, I’m Homeless and having a hard time getting help because i can’t work. Some days i can’t even move or walk.It seems no one hears me or see the pain I’m in.

Hurting in NC.

5. Shirley A. Nobbs says:

I woke up one morning with my spine was vibrating intensely. My heart rate was normal, when I managed to get up and I walked around it gradually subsided.

6. Si says:

Hi I am 49 and have ms my legs feel really heavy at all time my family have my back but need more help …is gluten free diet something i should try ???

7. siobhan Valentine says:

Hi my name is Siobhan valentine. I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis Long Island New York. 18years ago. I had the best neurologist. with the perfect bedside manner. I’ve been on 17 treatments 18years. I’ve always had the best attitude. I left New York 2 years ago. I was on rituxan when I left New York. I move to Florida. I’ve been 2 8 neurologist throughout the state of Florida. Nobody will help me. So here I sit everyday with no treatment or neurologist. In August of this year I went back to New York to see my neurologist. he did not take my insurance. I got a script in New York. And brought it back to Florida. My primary in Florida sent me for the blood work. It came back that I have PLM. I’ve been trying to get insurance for New York and Florida. Having a real hard time. I even been to Shands Hospital in Gainesville Florida. They almost killed me. if anyone knows what I can do to get a neurologist in the Jacksonville area Florida. Please let me know. I am very low income I make $563 a month on Social Security disability. I had SSI in New York. For $291. Florida took it away from me. My biggest problem is pain. If anyone can help me please let me know. I have freedom insurance mail does not take it thank you

• Sstrong says:

Please contact them and ask for assistance. I’m sorry you are having such a difficult time.
      National Multiple Sclerosis Society N Florida Chapter
      8940 Western Way, Jacksonville, FL 32256
      (904) 332-6810

8. Gretchen Hughes says:

I had psychomotor seizures as a teenager they resolved. I have IBS, fatique, vision problems, arthritus in knees and swelling, falling,mallofacial pain, rt ear pain,
    Pain in joints, legs