Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS Have you experienced vertigo? How did you treat it?

• Ruth

November 1, 2018 at 4:16 pm

With Dramamine and physical therapy – Eppley maneuver.  Nothing totally effective has been used.  This is really unpleasant!

• Debi Wilson

November 1, 2018 at 4:39 pm

I’m sorry that you have vertigo, Ruth! I am sure that is terrible. Thank-you for sharing what you use and I hope that you can find something that is more effective. Hopefully, someone here can offer some advice that will help!

• Dianna Wachtel

November 19, 2018 at 3:27 pm

I had an acute onset of vertigo (stood up, did a faceplant into the wall, couldn’t walk for 2 days), that was additional evidence that I probably have MS. Went to the ER and they did a CT and saw “greater brain atrophy than expected for age.” No MRI was done at that time. My vertigo was worked up by a neuro-ENT, physical therapist, etc., and finally, the MD said, “It’s not your inner ear, you need a neurologist.” I am dizzy and nauseated if I look up, bend over or when I turn my head to the right while lying down. Drugs like meclazine don’t help. I have learned to live with the dizziness and feeling like the house is turning upside down, by not making those movements. I have a prescription for Zofran (anti-nausea) to take if I need it. This has been going on for 2 years. I can’t do yoga or I’ll fall down. It’s miserable.

• Debi Wilson

November 19, 2018 at 3:42 pm

It sounds miserable for you, Dianna! I’m sorry you have to live with vertigo!  I hope you can find something that works for you ! Please keep us posted on your progress.

• Ruth

November 20, 2018 at 2:19 pm

My recent episode is not completely resolved.  I had an MRI showing no new MS activity, which was a relief.  Apparently I have some cerebellar scarring (already seen) which combined with otoliths displacement makes episodes more prolonged!

• Debi Wilson

November 20, 2018 at 2:38 pm

I’m glad you have no new lesions, Ruth! But, sorry to here the rest. Stay strong! ❤️