Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Debi Wilson

Ruth
      Participant

With Dramamine and physical therapy – Eppley maneuver.  Nothing totally effective has been used.  This is really unpleasant!

Debi Wilson

I’m sorry that you have vertigo, Ruth! I am sure that is terrible. Thank-you for sharing what you use and I hope that you can find something that is more effective. Hopefully, someone here can offer some advice that will help!

Dianna Wachtel
      Participant

I had an acute onset of vertigo (stood up, did a faceplant into the wall, couldn’t walk for 2 days), that was additional evidence that I probably have MS. Went to the ER and they did a CT and saw “greater brain atrophy than expected for age.” No MRI was done at that time. My vertigo was worked up by a neuro-ENT, physical therapist, etc., and finally, the MD said, “It’s not your inner ear, you need a neurologist.” I am dizzy and nauseated if I look up, bend over or when I turn my head to the right while lying down. Drugs like meclazine don’t help. I have learned to live with the dizziness and feeling like the house is turning upside down, by not making those movements. I have a prescription for Zofran (anti-nausea) to take if I need it. This has been going on for 2 years. I can’t do yoga or I’ll fall down. It’s miserable.

Debi Wilson

It sounds miserable for you, Dianna! I’m sorry you have to live with vertigo!  I hope you can find something that works for you ! Please keep us posted on your progress.

Ruth
      Participant

My recent episode is not completely resolved.  I had an MRI showing no new MS activity, which was a relief.  Apparently I have some cerebellar scarring (already seen) which combined with otoliths displacement makes episodes more prolonged!

Debi Wilson

I’m glad you have no new lesions, Ruth! But, sorry to here the rest. Stay strong! ❤️

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account