Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS Are you dealing with any diseases or conditions in addition to having MS?

• Are you dealing with any diseases or conditions in addition to having MS?

Posted by Debi Wilson on August 16, 2018 at 10:31 am

Some of us,  are dealing with other diseases or conditions, as well as MS. My “others” are hypothyroidism and high blood pressure.

Are you dealing with extra health issues in addition to having MS? Do you feel your issues are connected In anyway?

Jacqueline replied 5 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Jacqueline

August 16, 2018 at 2:30 pm

Before MS diagnoses I was diagnosed with Osteoarthritis of my left leg – knee…Then at the same time I was given my PPMS diagnoses I was also told I had Meralgia Paresthetica…both of these diagnoses are leaving me as to ” debatable…” as to a correct diagnoses or, as to whether they were – are…both part and parcel of my MS…Also diagnosed before MS diagnoses with Raynauds Phenomenon…I now know this to be more likely Erythromelalgia…Oh and I also have a Hiatus Hernia, had that some 15 plus years ago, of course nothing to do with my MS…but that one is the least of my worries…I am now 67 and wonder what is going to be on my next ” medical ” agenda…They say ” there is no fun in getting old ” well it is fun, if one still has their health…and I guess, some money to actually enjoy it…

Jackie..

• Debi Wilson

August 16, 2018 at 4:33 pm

Thank-you for sharing Jackie. It is interesting how much “trouble” MS  can cause and how many conditions are connected to MS.

• Jacqueline

August 16, 2018 at 4:49 pm

I find it more Interesting just seeing what goes on our medical records ” BEFORE ” MS diagnoses…Those ailments that GPs assumed that we had…that still to this day remain on our medical records, even though we now know they got some of them wrong…

• Debi Wilson

August 16, 2018 at 6:19 pm

True, I hadn’t thought of that! Plus, all of the medicines and treatments for the (most likely) non- existent ailments!

• Jacqueline

August 17, 2018 at 9:14 am

Oh, how could I forget, the one and only medication I am on is high Blood Pressure tablets…