Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Treating MS MS Medications Are you happy with how your MS care is coordinated?

• Are you happy with how your MS care is coordinated?

Posted by ed-tobias on September 28, 2018 at 9:26 am

MS patients need safe, effective and affordable treatment with our DMTs. But that’s not always easy to get. Neurologists, insurance providers and pharmaceutical companies aren’t always on the same page when it comes to our care. I’ve written about that in my column today. What’s been your experience with coordinating your treatment?

Ed

ed-tobias replied 5 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Jacqueline

September 29, 2018 at 1:14 am

Ed…

…what care, what treatment? I am now left alone to just get on with it….remember this is UK where I am living…and we – I,  live under our failing, overworked and troublesome NHS…so far any care I have received has been appalling, even worse since I moved from Bedfordshire to Dorset…

• ed-tobias

September 29, 2018 at 9:43 am

I’m very sorry to hear that, Jackie. I guess complaints about poorly coordinated care don’t seem as troubling when your problem is a lack of care.

Is that a pervasive problem throughout the NHS system for all medical issues?

Ed

• Jacqueline

September 30, 2018 at 2:11 am

Ed…

…I am sure some MS’ers in UK are happy with their MS treatments and how they are being looked after, maybe it is just a County issue, depending on the County of where one lives….All I know was I would have been better off staying within the Bedfordshire – Hertfordshire – Buckinghamshire areas than I am now, living in Dorset…just my personal view…I had only moved to Dorset a short while when I was advised to put in a formal complaint re, four or five issues concerning ” sloppiness ” admin…Plus the MS teams I have met so far, to me, are less professional and insulting, than the teams that I left behind…

• ed-tobias

September 30, 2018 at 12:15 pm

Hi Jackie,

That’s very interesting. Just coincidentally, I found this article today about the NHS and hospital care in specific locations. It’s long, but you might also find it interesting.

Ed

https://www.lrb.co.uk/v40/n07/james-meek/nhs-sos