Tagged: 

• Back to the Future?

Posted by John Connor on June 12, 2019 at 5:22 pm

I know as a moderator I should be throwing latest research/news at you but I’m going off book. I wrote ages  about getting back pain from sleeping Though by getting a topper mattress it’s reduced it – it’s still there! I know it’s something I should bring up with my neurologist but frankly there are always bigger things to discuss. And bad backs are common to everyone. It may have nothing to do with MS. Anyone got any insight on this? On Facebook I think it’s called asking the hive mind!

Rosie Clark replied 4 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • John Connor

Administrator
    June 26, 2019 at 3:20 pm

OK, well it seems I’m going to answer my own question!!!

My wife wondered as I know sit down all day – whether my back had locked because of this. I had to have a lumbar puncture last year to see if I was eligible to have Ocrevus. The sample in the end had to be taken with the help of an X-Ray. So she’s onto something – my spine has no doubt just mashed itself together.

I have an exercise regime which admittedly only gets attempted occasionally.   In it I’m supposed to stand unaided for as long as I can.  My record is about a minute but even then I’m hunched!

So I tried standing using  my 4 pronged stick and a chest of drawers for support. With this I could actually stand upright. And I felt exactly the same back pain as when I lie down!

I managed 4 minutes. That night my back pain eased.

I now try and do this daily. I just managed 6 minutes.

I’ll report back [back!!!! I’m wasted here…] tomorrow…

I can’t be the only one with severe mobility issues. Anyone else have this problem? Cheers John

• Rosie Clark

July 5, 2019 at 6:36 am

I wish , you should get well soon.