Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS Do live the quote “Life is what you make it?”

• Do live the quote “Life is what you make it?”

Posted by Debi Wilson on February 10, 2019 at 12:12 pm

Do you live the quote “Life is what you make it “

Even though we have  MS, we are still in control of our attitudes and how we approach our day .

Life is what you make it. So why not make it a beautiful one full of happiness and joy.     

Anurag Prakash Ray

Deleted User replied 5 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Deleted User

Deleted User
    February 10, 2019 at 4:04 pm

lol, do I live the quote “life is what you make it”.  Not anymore, infact I am over it, have been for years.  I feel I have had my life, the rest is surplus to requirement.  It’s all because I am not productive anymore.  Just sitting around all day does my head in, but I do try to fill my days with things.  I have never ever had any hobbies, and for the life of me I can’t think of anything I’d like to do with all my free time.  My sister calls me The Time Billionaire,  I am time rich and waist it.  All my life when I had free time I would do less, and when I had no time I would do more.  I am a conundrum.

• Jacqueline

February 10, 2019 at 4:35 pm

Yes I believe ” life is what we make it…” but unforeseen and unexpected hazards and circumstances crop up when we least expect them and will “put the mockers ” on our well planned life and our future has to be changed or adapted to…

Life is just harder now than it was before MS..As for how do I approach each day, well some days I am grateful I am alive to see the flowers, trees and hear the birds, and watch our wildlife that may visit our back garden, on other days, I just cant see the point and feel I dont want to carry on in this body of mine when I think of the life I would be living if I never had the illness, such as get more dogs, get out there an walk, walk walk, explore the scenery of where we now live that I have yet to visit, the hills and valleys…

Jackie

• Jacqueline

February 11, 2019 at 9:31 am

I have to ask…did Anurag Prakash Ray have MS? It is so easy making these quotes when one isn’t in our situation…

Jackie

• Jacqueline

February 11, 2019 at 9:32 am

Jilly…

…if anyone has had there life it is me, I was born 1951, guess not too many years left for me now, especially if proven that MS docks ( shortens ) the odd year or two off  of what would have been our normal existence ( life span )…I see you were born 1962, you have a few years left before you catch up with me…Next month I become 68, then I will be catching up with Ed…lol…

Jackie

• Debi Wilson

February 11, 2019 at 11:51 am

Jilly and Jackie,

I don’t know Anurag’s situation, maybe he wrote the quote because he was trying to convince himself to be positive. I know I have to remind myself all the time to be positive. When I don’t and I let my mind go to how awful I feel or the struggle of just living , my day spirals downward.

You may know that Ed and I write columns for Bio news. Ed has  tons of  journalistic experience , I don’t. These are patient columns, where we share our experiences with MS and bring issues to the forefront to educate others. It helps take my mind off of my problems, gives me purpose and  hopefully I am helping others.  The reason I mention this is, that bio news is looking for more columnists. If you two or anyone in the forums is interested here’s the link.

https://bionewsservices.com/careers/#op-303531-columnistwww.bionewsservices.com/careers

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    February 11, 2019 at 2:30 pm

It’s a race to the finish line lol.  Dang it, I used to be a runner, but I will still get to the finish line with a walker lol.  Look out, Mad Womon Driving!

• Jacqueline

February 11, 2019 at 3:30 pm

Jilly…

If it is a race you want, you will beat me hands down, I was never a fast runner but I was a fast walker…now our weapons of speed are anything and everything we can get our hands on….You got me laughing…” mad woman driving…” lol…are you safe to let out on our roads?…

• Deleted User

Deleted User
      February 12, 2019 at 3:16 pm

smiling, glad I gave you a laugh Jackie. It’s the best medicine.

• Jacqueline

February 12, 2019 at 5:03 pm

Smiling and laughing comes free, no prescription necessary, and with no nasty side effects…