Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS Do you count your steps?

• Do you count your steps?

Posted by ed-tobias on February 25, 2019 at 8:27 am

I try to walk a little everyday. I can’t go far but, for example, I might try to walk from my car into a restaurant rather than riding my scooter. Every so often I look at the health app on my iPhone and see how I’m doing. My February average is 612 steps and I did 1,731 on my best day this month. It helps keep me going.

Do you count your steps?

Ed

ed-tobias replied 5 years, 2 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies
  • Jacqueline

February 25, 2019 at 11:33 am

Haven’t thought of doing that ( counting my steps ) but this is part why i am still on my feet and not given into a mobility scooter or wheelchair inside the home is that I want to keep my legs and feet moving for as long as I am able. It is the only exercise I now do, I am not prepared to give them up so easily even if I struggle walking whilst looking at my mobility scooter which is idle and propping up the kitchen wall. I have been tempted though. I will of course use my rollator when inside a building for stability, more so when people are around when I feel at my worst for balance and unsteadiness.

Perhaps I will buy myself a pedometer.

Jackie