Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS Do you attend an MS support group? Does it help you?

• Do you attend an MS support group? Does it help you?

Posted by Debi Wilson on August 25, 2018 at 12:02 pm

A lot of people attend MS support groups, do you?

Does it help to be with others that can relate to what you are going through?

Debi Wilson replied 5 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Jacqueline

August 26, 2018 at 1:55 am

Yes I do, I now attend two, one being the first Wednesday of each month, the second the second Tuesday of each month…One is local the other isĀ  a 64 mile two way car journey into our next county…My local has been very poor so far this year, the fun topics have tended to have been missed out, so far everything has been to do with MS such as leaving part of our brain to science, I gave that month a miss…this months topic will be about FEZ, I may even avoid this one too…I want fun, last years topics, guests were fun and enjoyable..I want to take my mind away for those couple of hours and not keep having it pushed into me of our MS all the time…I enjoy my next County MS social gathering more, they cant stress enough to new members that we base our meetings on fun and laughter…and the subject topics are enjoyable as well…These get me out of the home for a couple of hours…

• Debi Wilson

August 26, 2018 at 11:18 am

Sounds great, Jackie! I understand about wanting fun and distraction from MS!