Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS Have you had a major surgery since your MS diagnosis? Did it trigger an exacerbation?

• Have you had a major surgery since your MS diagnosis? Did it trigger an exacerbation?

Posted by Debi Wilson on September 17, 2018 at 10:46 pm

Have you had major surgery since having MS? Did it trigger an MS exacerbation or were you unaffected?

Tonia Bliss Smith replied 5 years, 8 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Jacqueline

September 18, 2018 at 1:10 am

One & a half weeks after my diagnoses of PPMS I was sitting in the chair of the Gynecologist Oncologists room whilst he was booking my Hysteroscopy…not a major operation but I was booked in three weeks after my MS diagnoses…you can imagine I was running around like a headless chicken ( not literally of course ) this was so much to take in…MS diagnoses and the possibility of cancer…As our Queen Elizabeth once said 1992, this had been her ” annus horribilis  year, well 2015 was mine…

Jackie…

• Emily Mistretta

September 19, 2018 at 4:30 pm

I have been diagnosed with RRMS for about 18 months. I had my thyroid removed (complete) in June; immediately afterwards I had a relapse almost immediately and could not walk for over 3 weeks. Unfortunately because of having surgery I was not able to receive an IV infusion to help treat the exacerbation.

• Debi Wilson

September 20, 2018 at 10:41 am

The year 2005 does sound like it was  a challenging one Jackie! I’ve had years like that too!  Luckily, most years are pretty drama free! ?

• Debi Wilson

September 19, 2018 at 4:55 pm

I’m sorry to hear that Emily!  I hope you are doing well now !  Thank-you for sharing!

• Tonia Bliss Smith

September 20, 2018 at 9:55 pm

No I have not.