Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS How does your faith in God help you when dealing with MS?

• How does your faith in God help you when dealing with MS?

Posted by Debi Wilson on August 22, 2018 at 4:25 pm

MS can be overwhelming and will bring us down if we let it.
    My faith in God keeps me focused. Having faith reminds me “that this to shall pass” and that if I keep the course there are brighter things ahead!
    Do you have a strong faith that offers you strength and reminds you that there is more to look forward to? What does your faith mean to you?

Debi Wilson replied 5 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Jacqueline

August 23, 2018 at 1:57 am

Debi…

…all I now is that no one will sail through life unscathed so, if it wasn’t my MS it would be something else, ( this is life, whether we like it or not,) or of course it could still eventually be both anyway, time will tell but, God suffered for the benefit of us, and we must do our part too…Our reward of course will come at the final end, all troubles and pains that we have endured, carried will leave us, and we will be free…now whether we wish this day to come is neither here nor there but it is inevitable ” that it WILL come.. ”

Yes I need God back in my life….I do still very much believe and have faith…

As for church, since moving to this part of the UK I have yet to get stuck into finding or settling into another church but, I know this should be taking my number one priority….where we live now is so out in the sticks, no transport routes, we are a small community of 25 park-homes stuck down in the valleys surrounded by countryside, wildlife and trees, yet the other side of our hills- valleys, lies the sea…

Jackie…

• Debi Wilson

August 23, 2018 at 12:32 pm

Well said, Jackie! I haven’t been to church since we moved either. I know it is good to share the fellowship of others, so I will go again.

Where you live sounds amazing! It’s hard not to see God in the beauty all around us!

• Jacqueline

August 23, 2018 at 1:30 pm

Debi…

…yes, that is where my ashes will be laid to rest ( along with my three dogs, not here but back home in Bedfordshire ) isĀ  amongst the trees and the birds, greenery and woodland…but I am not planning on leaving just yet….

• Debi Wilson

August 23, 2018 at 2:52 pm

It sounds like the perfect place, and yes not to soon!