Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS How much does your environment affect how you feel ?

• How much does your environment affect how you feel ?

Posted by Debi Wilson on August 21, 2018 at 5:07 pm

Have you noticed what you surround yourself with, can either have a positive or a negative effect on your emotional state?

I know if my environment is clean and organized, I feel better.
    Or, if I have flowers to look at or the curtains open with the sun shining in, I have a more positive attitude!

What about you, does your environment affect your mood?
    Are you aware of how your surroundings are impacting you?
    How much does the condition of your living area have to do with how you feel?

Debi Wilson replied 5 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Jacqueline

August 22, 2018 at 1:50 pm

Debi…

…I love everything greenery, plants, shrubs, trees in particular…I recently had a long awaited brainwave ( wonder why I never thought of this before, ) and ordered three large ready potted indoor plants from one company and four slightly smaller potted plants from another company, these are now scattered around my home…I have the larger Aloe Vera plant in the corner of my bedroom, this will give me fresh clean air, not forgetting the beneficial Aloe Vera gel for healing wounds, this was something I found out from the St Lucian’s, the locals during the short time I once lived in St Lucia…Another bedroom largish size plant also beneficial for breathing in fresh air through the night is sitting on the wide shelf in front of my bedroom window…I also have two mid sized potted plants sitting each side of my computer desk, as they say, if you cant get outside, bring the outside in…It is now so much more refreshing as I type looking at my greenery, it is uplifting and gives me a boost…

• Debi Wilson

August 22, 2018 at 2:12 pm

Sounds beautiful and beneficial!