Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS Today, March 28th is Primary Progressive MS day, how do you feel about it?

• Today, March 28th is Primary Progressive MS day, how do you feel about it?

Posted by Debi Wilson on March 28, 2019 at 12:05 pm

Today March 28, is primary progressive MS day. How do you feel about having a special day for this type of MS? Do you feel it will bring more awareness to this disease?

Deleted User replied 5 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Jacqueline

March 28, 2019 at 2:50 pm

Every day for me is a Primary progressive MS day, not sure why we have a special day for it once a year, unless it is to widen peoples experience of just what we live with on a day to day basis, our disease…but do non MS’ers really care?…

• Debi Wilson

March 28, 2019 at 4:52 pm

Yes,that’s right Jackie, I think it’s just to bring awareness to PPMS.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    March 29, 2019 at 5:32 am

Wow, I didn’t know it was a special day for PPMS people.  Something special happened today but I typed it somewhere else. Oh what the heck I will type it again lol.

Yusuf Islam (Cat Stevens) came to town today and sang 3 songs for Christchurch 2 weeks after the attacks. He is awesome and he made me feel good, it was lovely to see him here.  I felt blessed he came to New Zealand.  He sang Peace Train.  Now I have three great photo’s of him.  Whahoo!!!

• Jacqueline

March 30, 2019 at 6:22 am

Jilli, all signed I hope, ( the photos. )

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    March 30, 2019 at 4:33 pm

Jackie, I got the photo’s from our local paper online.  I like to see him, makes me feel good and remember what happened 3 weeks ago.  I also have a picture of one of our police women wearing a hijab carrying a large gun and also wearing a red rose.  She looked amazing.  The wearing of the hijab was a symbol of solidarity, the coming together as a mark of respect and showing support for those mostly affected.  We where all affected and shocked.

• Jacqueline

March 30, 2019 at 5:13 pm

Jilly, I think the whole world was…no country will ever tolerate terrorism.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    March 31, 2019 at 5:29 pm

Yes Jackie, I sure hope so.  this needs to change big time.