Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Trials and Research The Problem of Medical Cannabis in the UK

• The Problem of Medical Cannabis in the UK

Posted by John Connor on May 13, 2022 at 11:53 am

In the UK even getting medicinal cannabis prescribed is a struggle. I wrote about this in one of my columns back in 2019. It was kicked off by a battling mother of a child with severe epilepsy. The only thing that worked was liquid marijuana which she bought legally in Holland and was eventually caught smuggling through customs. She had no choice – it was life or death. Epileptic fits cause massive strains on the heart. Having innumerable fits every day is a death sentence. There was such massive public support for her that even our staid politicians [our main left of the centre opposition party is just as resistant as our current right of centre government] had to relent.
    This week’s article in The Guardian illustrates what a struggle it still is. Sativex was mentioned to me recently for the first time ever by medical professionals, instead of me asking for it. Another heavily suggested that though they couldn’t prescribe it, they wholly supported it. Indeed medicinal cannabis in general.
    Do you use cannabis? For pain or spasticity? Is it legalized where you live?
    And most importantly – how does it help you?

John Connor replied 1 year, 11 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.