Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Treating MS Alternative Treatments Have you ever heard of venom therapy as a treatment for MS?

• Have you ever heard of venom therapy as a treatment for MS?

Posted by Debi Wilson on August 17, 2018 at 12:30 pm

Have you ever heard of the venom from bees,  scorpions, or snakes being used as an MS treatment?  Even, sea anemones’ toxins are being developed for use!

Some MS patients report experiencing benefits from this type of alternative treatment.

What do you think of venom therapy,  have you tried it? If so, have you had any improvements in your MS symptoms?

Debi Wilson replied 5 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Jacqueline

August 17, 2018 at 6:17 pm

Hm, no, cant say I have heard of this one….and no, I very much doubt I will be jumping in the queue…Although saying that…” leaches have been used in medicine for over 2,500 years..” Our modern day leaches are used as an ” artificial vein ” for a cost effective, more efficient, and less damaging alternative way of drawing off excess blood…

So who knows, there maybe a use for the above mentioned, yet…but I still wont be jumping in the queue…

Jackie..

• Debi Wilson

August 17, 2018 at 8:02 pm

Haha! I’m pretty sure I won’t be having venom therapy either, Jackie!  Unless, it cures MS, then maybe!

No, to leaches also!:)

• Jacqueline

August 18, 2018 at 1:43 am

I think that says it all….” Robots are milking scorpions for venom that can be used in cancer research..”…Robots, shock horror, why not humans?…

• Debi Wilson

August 18, 2018 at 8:38 am

Good point! Ha!

• Jacqueline

August 18, 2018 at 9:13 am

Debi…

…they say laughter and humour is our best medicine…good that we have found some on here…

• Susan Bock

August 22, 2018 at 2:15 pm

Yes. There is a honey with bee venom. To chicken to try that.

• Jacqueline

August 22, 2018 at 2:19 pm

So come on, which one of us is going to be the guinea pig?

• Debi Wilson

August 22, 2018 at 3:08 pm

I nominate you, Jackie!:)

I agrees Susan I wouldn’t even try that! Plus, I’m allergic to bees, so probably not a good idea anyway!:)

• Jacqueline

August 23, 2018 at 2:06 am

Debi…thank you friend…NOT…

• Debi Wilson

August 23, 2018 at 12:10 pm

? Jackie!