Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS What has MS taught you about yourself?

• Ann M

November 15, 2018 at 9:31 pm

Friends that I thought were ‘forever friends, turned out NOT to be (when things got real, they went)  and I am stronger than I thought I was.

• Debi Wilson

November 15, 2018 at 11:09 pm

Hi Ann,

It is good to find out who your true friends are. But, I am sorry you had to go through that. And, I understand about learning how strong you are living with MS, we have to be!

Thanks for sharing!

• Jacqueline

November 16, 2018 at 1:48 am

It has taught me never to take any of my body parts for granted…It has also shown me how some people react around me,  their pity for me because I am different to the norm now…But I am the same tough person, just cant control my body but I can still control my mind, and its as sharp as ever…

Jackie…

• Debi Wilson

November 16, 2018 at 10:47 am

Well said, Jackie. And, I agree, from reading your comments you are very sharp indeed! And, you bring up a very good point on how people can treat us. Sometimes, people project that we are “less than” and that is so far from the truth!

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    March 3, 2019 at 5:06 pm

It’s taught me that I’m not very good as a disabled person.  I am always frustrated by it and everything is difficult.  I just want my leg back, nothing else.  Being sick sucks.  It’s a rubbish life now and I cannot get past hump day.  I am so bored I could die.

• Debi Wilson

March 4, 2019 at 11:58 am

Hi Jilly,

MS can be so frustrating, between getting around and living life it can be so exhausting! But, we are very strong and we are surviving!

• Jacqueline

March 4, 2019 at 6:06 am

Of course we are not good at being disabled, being disabled wasn’t on our list of priorities. But it sure brings it on home what we once took for granted, can be taken away from anybody in the blink of an eye. I too would like my old life back, not a reality, so all we have now is to move forwards the best way we can make possible, we cant go backwards, nor even go backwards putting it right if we dont know what happened to us in the first place.

Jackie

• Debi Wilson

March 4, 2019 at 11:59 am

True, Jackie!