Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS Which of your MS symptoms are a constant? Which ones come and go?

Tagged: 

• Which of your MS symptoms are a constant? Which ones come and go?

Posted by Debi Wilson on January 7, 2019 at 9:44 am

MS is usually accompanied by many symptoms. Some are constantly with us, such as trouble walking. Some symptoms can come and go, as with cognitive issues. Other symptoms can range in  their severity,  which is true with cramping and spasticity. Which MS symptoms are a constant for you,  which ones come and go?

Debi Wilson replied 5 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Jacqueline

January 7, 2019 at 1:31 pm

Inside – top of right leg- groin area…is constant every day which I often describe as coming alive, some days it builds up worse than others, or even changes throughout the day to almost calm, to nerves inside trying to come alive to alive and spasm’ing ( electric shocks )  as and when…My MS also affects my stomach-waist-hips and backside and of course my walking goes from reasonable MS to legs and feet fighting to keep balance by going jellylike underneath me, I wont give in nor let it win…

• Jacqueline

January 7, 2019 at 1:46 pm

Forgot to add…bloated stomach, I dont believe it is the well-known MS hug, this is more lower and starts up as soon as I have had my morning first cup of tea…my stomach always looks as if I am pregnant…I do believe MS is food – gut related, ( not the cause ) affecting the bladder, bowels and stomach-the gut…

• Debi Wilson

January 7, 2019 at 2:11 pm

Thank-you for sharing what is troublesome to you, Jackie.  MS is literally a pain! I’m glad you will never give up,  I feel if we wait it out we will have a good resolution! Maybe, 2019 will be the year?!

• Jeanine Thiede

January 7, 2019 at 3:50 pm

This is a good post! I have been wondering the same thing. My come and goes are, my voice leaves and sometimes it is an all day deal. I have recently found if I eat a Popsicle it helps, or a cold pack on my neck. My eye wobble or shake. So, no more driving. Bladder and bowels come and go. Either I am running to the restroom or sitting and sitting and waiting. I had to go have my bladder drained. My walking, I am normally walking into walls, or getting my legs crossed up. So, this is all the time. My back always hurts. I can only stand for about 5 minutes before I have to sit. My muscles are always moving around in my body. I get jerks when I lay down. It was violent until I got meds for it, and they are not so bad now. My eyes are always blurry. Brain Fog comes and goes. Just a few times, I had a bad attack with my whole body shaking. It scares me.  Im sure there is more but I have used up a spoon now. God Bless.

• Debi Wilson

January 7, 2019 at 4:01 pm

Thank-you for sharing your symptoms,  Jeanine. It is interesting to hear what symptoms others are experiencing!