Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums COVID-19 and MS COVID-19 and Post-Traumatic Growth

• COVID-19 and Post-Traumatic Growth

Posted by kevin-schaefer on May 13, 2020 at 7:00 am

So I’m sure you’re all pretty tired of hearing about COVID. Paying attention to the news right now is exhausting.

However, I did want to share this column about COVID-19 and post-traumatic growth. The author, Brianna Albers, is a writer for one of our sibling sites. She’s been writing about mental health coping mechanisms, specifically related to Coronavirus anxiety. Her series on this subject is particularly applicable to people in rare disease communities.

This passage sticks out to me: “You don’t need to “take advantage” of quarantine by writing a book or painting the house. But you do need to act responsibly. For example, Animal Crossing: New Horizons is a great way to unwind. But are you spending the majority of your day playing video games? Are you taking a break, or are you numbing yourself to reality? We need to critically examine behavior patterns and recognize when self-care becomes indulgent and blurs to avoidance.”

Do you have any takeaways from this column? Do you think about this concept of post-traumatic growth?

kevin-schaefer replied 3 years, 10 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.