Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS Do you feel MS sometimes consumes your life?

Tagged: , ,

• Do you feel MS sometimes consumes your life?

Posted by debi-wilson on April 15, 2019 at 11:17 am

Having MS can involve a lot of thought. I always have to be aware of walking so I don’t fall, plan ahead before going places, and manage pain. Those are just a few of my concerns,  I am always thinking about MS.

Do you feel MS sometimes consumes your life? Do you always have MS on your mind?

debi-wilson replied 5 years ago 4 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Deleted User

Deleted User
    April 15, 2019 at 5:25 pm

Yes. It has changed my life so much I never leave the house, only go out to doctors apppointments. but aside from the MS, 4 years ago I was at my darkest time and tried to end my life, so I have been trying to come back to a new normal. MS has affected me greatly and I feel I will never get over it. The boredom is the worst. It’s not a life.

• mody

April 16, 2019 at 12:23 pm

Jilleen

all what we take now is just (analgesic) ,so,the best way for MS patient to act is choosing the appropriate med. and wait for some years till he/she finds a cure.

I left home to U.K.,China,Germany searching for a cure and I found nothing yet. Yes some herps/dietary supplements can help a little but the diseases still exist.

lets hope.

• nancy-eisener

April 17, 2019 at 1:37 pm

In the last several years my MS has certainly worsened.   Constant spinal pain, all of my spine, but especially cervical and lumbar.  I cannot concentrate well at all anymore I spend my life confined at home, walking in circles, sitting uncomfortably or walking in the same state.  I rarely take my small dog out myself.  Yes, it certainly can consume one’s life.  I try to read, bake ( at a low table, while seated on the floor cushion–I keep trying to be positive and to associate with positive folks online.  It helps!

• debi-wilson

April 15, 2019 at 5:37 pm

I’m sorry for what you have been through, Jilly. I know MS can consume us and bring us down sometimes. During those times I really try to focus  on the positive in my life.

When I think of you, I think of how talented you are and what a great sense of humor you have.

• mody

April 16, 2019 at 12:10 pm

not sometimes but ALWAYS

• debi-wilson

April 16, 2019 at 12:29 pm

I agree Mody, some people don’t feel that way. So I said sometimes. ?

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    April 16, 2019 at 5:44 pm

Mody well hello again, nice to see you on the boards/pages lol.

Debi, thanks. Most people have dark times, I just mention it more than most lol. And thanks for the compliment.

I love that my humour comes through in text, that’s really cool.

• debi-wilson

April 16, 2019 at 7:49 pm

It does Jilly! Great sense of humor is one of the first things I think of when I think of you!