Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Welcome Lounge Help educate people impacted by MS

• Help educate people impacted by MS

Posted by Bram Platel on July 6, 2021 at 9:02 am

I enjoy reading the Multiple Sclerosis News Today newsletter and all the contributions.

My name is Bram Platel, a Dutch MS patient. I have a Ph.D. in biomedical engineering, and I am the founder and director of a Dutch non-profit foundation called ‘Stichting MS in beeld.’

We felt that many people with MS had many questions that their neurologist didn’t have time to explain in detail. Scientific papers were often too difficult to understand.
    Therefore we set our goal to help people with MS by communicating scientific insights in an accessible but in-depth manner.

For example, last year, we made lots of videos about MS and COVID-19 and the vaccine. We also have videos about the MRI scanner and the images it makes and a detailed series about lumbar punctures in MS.
    Our YouTube-video’s up to now

Up to now, our videos have all been in Dutch. Recently I uploaded our first video in English (about an ingenious model of MS:(Link to YouTube-video)) with Dutch and English subtitles.

I hope to help more than just the Dutch MS patients with our videos by making these English spoken videos.

However, I don’t yet have a good way of reaching the rest of the world with these English videos (I have a good network and the Dutch MS society shares my videos in the Netherlands).

Do you have any ideas about how I can reach more people with these videos? I believe that they can help many others with MS.

Thank you for any suggestions!

Bram Platel replied 2 years, 9 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.