• Mike Purcell

April 23, 2024 at 12:52 pm

I didn’t

• Benjamin Hofmeister

May 4, 2024 at 4:52 pm

Sorry I missed this Mike. I can’t hold the phone to my ear for anything longer than a 5 minute call. I use a bone conduction Bluetooth headset made by After Shox. It doesn’t go in or over your ears, so it doesn’t isolate me from normal sounds.

• Mike Purcell

May 18, 2024 at 2:44 pm

Tell me more about this device. I’m looking for something that will Bluetooth connect to my iPhone where I can use it when on a call or to answer and hang up from a call. I use voice control to manage interaction with the phone. The voice control software stops working when a call is initiated.

I’m dead in the water if the call says anything automated like press 1 for XXX. I can’t respond nor can I hang up. I must’ve phone call disconnects voice control doesn’t work. I’ve heard of devices that while voice control for things like phone, TV control, electric device control, etc. I have not been successful in connecting with them so far.

Does anyone have experience with other technology that allows you to control devices?

• Mike Purcell

May 31, 2024 at 6:14 pm

Ben

• Mike Purcell

May 31, 2024 at 6:17 pm

Ben:

I think we are both similar. (EDSS, time with MS, caregivers – etc.) I would like to be able to communicate directly outside the view of this board. If you’re agreeable to that how best we do that?

• Mike Purcell

May 5, 2024 at 3:07 pm

I use an iPhone. I understand you can use desktop speaker Bluetooth connected which works even when the phone is in use. Does anyone know of this device?

My challenge is when the phone call starts – voice control stops working. So, if the number you call as you to press 1 for something you can’t. You also cannot hang out or do other things using voice control.

Can anyone suggest to do this?