Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Valerie Taylor
      Participant

I was Dx in 2003 with RRMS. Was on Copaxone for 1 year and then got pregnant and had to take a break. I started back on Copaxone late 2005 for 5 years. Life got to me and I couldn’t deal with daily injections so was off DMT until now. I’ve had 2 relapses this year and am going to go back on DMT. My main struggle now is with cognition. I am trying to decide between Tecfidera and Ocrevus. I am leaning towards the Ocrevus but heard that there is an increased risk of breast cancer. My mother is a breast cancer survivor. Anyone have any insight on this or or other comments? Thank you!

Brad Thomas
      Participant

I was on Tecfidera for roughly 6 months last year. It was my first DMT. While I didn’t have any side effects, and I felt fairly normal, I had several new lesions and a flare up earlier this spring.

My Neurologist advised to switch to Ocrevus, even with this Pandemic in full-swing, and I just finished the second-half of the first dose two weeks ago.

Cognition has also been a problem for me over the last few months, but I seem to be able to think and able to speak more clearly already.

I am also semi practicing the Wahl’s Protocol, where I don’t eat Wheat, avoid dairy and eggs, and eat a lot of sulfur. I take about 6K iu of Vitamin D a day.

So I don’t know if it’s the Ocrevus, if it’s the diet, if it’s just simply trying not to get too stressed out about things or what, but I feel like I am on the right track. I still don’t feel great, so time will tell if the Ocrevus really is helping or at least slowing the disease.

I hope this helps with your decision. Good luck to you!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account