• Voice & Technology

Posted by Mike Purcell on January 13, 2024 at 7:38 pm

Over the past couple years it comes impossible for me to use my hands to manipulate my computer. As such I started using the voice control capabilities of both my PC and my iPhone. – Who is doing the same? What can you share?

My PC is a Windows PC and I use a program named Dragon for voice control. I’ve got somewhat proficient at using it. If anyone has questions or would like to do the same I can help point you to the person in configured my computer. She did it remotely. A friend of mine found her for me. I’ve been very satisfied. If you would like I would be happy to introduce you to her. I’ve also got somewhat proficient at using voice control on my iPhone. I’d be happy to share with anyone my experience and how to.

Mike Purcell replied 2 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Benjamin Hofmeister

January 15, 2024 at 3:47 pm

I don’t have any good recommendations, or reviews of software, but as my hands get worse, I’m looking into a voice to text option. You’re the third person who’s mentioned Dragon, so I’m starting to lean that way.

• Mike Purcell

January 25, 2024 at 3:02 pm

Depending

• Mike Purcell

February 8, 2024 at 3:35 pm

This is my 2nd attempt to reapply to you.

Sometimes the voice to text software does not work as I expected it to. I will apply only partially came through here is my 2nd attempt. I use Dragon and it works good for a Windows PC. More and more vendors are incorporating voice control into their software products. My biggest issue is using the phone. I’m still searching for something. I know of a person that will help you install and configure Dragon remotely. Let me know and I will send you her contact information. Good luck